It seemed like any ordinary day at first for Moses; he had gone out to work taking care of his Father-in-law’s sheep. Then he met God, and He had something to remarkable to say.
Moses, go and tell my people that I have come down to bring deliverance.
God had pre-planned His deliverance and had told His servant Abraham about it 4 centuries earlier; it was not coming to pass.
No matter the situation the situation you may be going through, I am here to annuonce to you that God is saying:
- I have seen the afflictions of my people
- I have heard the prayers of my people
- I have seen the weepings of my people
- I have seen the disappointments of my people
- I have heard the troubles of my people
- Not only have I seen and heard,
- I also know what they are going through
- I feel what they are going through
- I can identify with what they are going through
- I feel their plight
- I feel it when they say the economy is bad
- I feel it when they are frightened and troubled
Be encouraged, for your time of deliverance is now!
7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.
10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
Extrated from a Sermon preached at Ramseyer Presby, Taifa District
God Bless You
Visit Any of our congregations this Sunday morning;
check http://taifadistrictpresby.org/congregations for locations, contacts and any further information